When you’re buying a blender for your kitchen, price is often the deciding factor. Often this means many of us opt for a traditional domestic blender or even a handheld mixer. Though these blenders are fine if you’re making less complicated items like smoothies or broth, they often aren’t up to the tasks required of an active family kitchen. Less powerful blenders can only handle small amounts of food or liquid at a time and generally struggle to crush hard ingredients like ice, seeds and nuts.
With a commercial-grade blender though, your culinary options are endless. Whether you want to mash, chop, mix, blend, purée, stir, mix, grind or crush, the right blender will do the job in no time. You’ll suddenly find yourself using your blender daily, and wonder how you ever lived without it. In fact, commercial-grade blenders are so versatile and effective that you’ll be able to replace a number of your other kitchen gadgets, like coffee grinders, flourmills and ice cream makers.
In 2012 health-conscious food lover and entrepreneur Jan Folmer became frustrated with industrial electric blenders available in South Africa. Folmer wanted the quality, precision and durability of a commercial blender without having to pay commercial prices. His solution was to found OmniBlend.co.za, an online store dedicated to sourcing the best affordable blenders to South Africa. Today OmniBlend’s clients include Kauai, Nino’s. Mugg & Bean, Wimpy, Mojo and others!
Top features of the OmniBlend 787 (I) and 800 (V):
- Prices start at R2,999.00 – almost a third of some professional blenders!
- 6 stainless steel blades for perfect precision blending;
- high-speed blade rotation (at least 38,000 per minute);
- a powerful 3HP motor to get the job done;
- built-in protection against burn out and electricity surge;
- a nearly indestructible jar for those kitchen mishaps;
- BPA-free options;
- choice of black, red or stone;
- varying jug sizes depending on your needs (1.5 or 2 litre)
- free door-to-door delivery via courier anywhere in South Africa;
- a 3-year warranty on all parts as well as an optional extended 7-year warranty.