A good blender is an essential item in any kitchen, even if it’s only used as a smoothie-maker. But with so many blenders on the market, how do you know which is right for you? What should you look for when you buy a blender?
Don’t limit yourself to a traditional domestic blender. Choose a commercial blender – the kind used by professionals in restaurants, hotels and cafés – and you’ll be surprised at how easy it suddenly becomes to whip up a breakfast smoothie or a hearty vegetable soup.
Most commercial blenders are built to withstand intensive use (an average of 15 times a day) and to perform heavy-duty blending (like frozen fruit or ice), which means your blender’s longevity is guaranteed.
Here are some questions to ask when you buy a commercial blender for your home:
- How powerful is the blender? Domestic blenders are not capable of blending the toughest ingredients (like nuts). A 3HP blender will give you the kind of power that’s required to blend, mash, purée, stir, mix and grind, and even crush ice.
- What speed is the blender? A high-speed blender – with at least six blades and a blade rotation rate of at least 38,000 per minute – will do its job quickly and efficiently.
- Is it easy to use? Commercial shouldn’t mean complicated! With the right commercial blender you can create fresh fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies or cocktails in a jiffy, but you can also extend your kitchen offerings to include dips, salsa, desserts, purées and even ice cream.
- Is it easy to clean? The right home blender should be convenient for the entire family to use – and clean afterwards.
- Is the blender compact? The right commercial blender should be attractive enough to leave out and easy to store away when you need to.
- Is the blender energy-efficient? An energy-efficient blender means the motor cools down quicker and ultimately lasts longer.
- Is it affordable? Unfortunately many cheap blenders in South Africa don’t perform optimally, while most professional blenders come with a hefty price tag.
OmniBlend is an online store dedicated to bringing the best blenders to South Africa. We’re health-conscious food lovers who became frustrated with blenders available in South Africa, and with their prices! We offer free door-to-door delivery via courier to anywhere in South Africa. Our blenders come with a warranty of 3 years on all parts, as well as an optional extended 7-year warranty.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.